Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dialup woes



Why do I have to waaaiiiittt sooo much?
Dialup sucks!

Right now I am trying to download Autopatcher with a dialup connection and it is such a heck.

The download speed barely crosses the 10kbps mark, on the top of it the network connection gets idle from time to time. So, you have to check it all the time if everything is working fine. The real problem is that you cant leave it to download all the stuff on its own. The whole download would have took approximately 18 to 20 hours, phew! So I aborted it in despair. This is the same ol' story I guess for everyone who uses (or has to use!) a dialup connection for surfing. You want to download something, but cant.

I've been thinking of getting a broadband internet connection. But that is not possible, because the connection guys dont provide service in my area. So what I have to do is just wait for my colony to get urban enough to get a broadband connection.
So a long wait ahead I guess!

And yeah, this is my first post!
I'll be posting about computers, internet, games, gadgets, tips and tricks, automobiles, and whatever else I like.

Happy surfing!

0 comments: